Joni Johnson-Powe is the Founder and Principal of Taxnologi Solutions, LLC (“Taxnologi”). She has over 17 years of tax, accounting and consulting experience providing clients with tax compliance and consulting services including income, sales and use, VAT, property and unclaimed property tax services. She has both industry and public accounting experience with Big 4 firms and large national firms.
She worked for several years for Big 4 accounting firms such as KPMG and Ernst & Young providing tax compliance and consulting services to high net-worth individuals and business clients in a variety of industries. Joni has a specialized skill set in the tax automation arena including set-up, integration and configuration of software packages such as Vertex, Taxware, eProperty, and UPExchange.
She also has extensive experience in assisting individuals and businesses with maneuvering the complicated landscape of multi-state taxation with tax compliance, tax planning opportunities and audit defense. Joni has her Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado – Law School with an emphasis tax in 1996 and B.S. in Accounting from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. She is a licensed attorney and certified public accountant (“CPA”).
Professional Honors & Memberships
– American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
– Colorado Bar Association – Tax Section
– Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants
– Tax Executives Institute – Denver Chapter
– Chamber Connect Class of 2007 – CO Black Chamber
– Class of 2010 Denver Business Journal Forty Under Forty
– Future Tax Leaders
Boards and Community Service
– Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado
– Chair – Park Hospital Foundation Board
– IRS Advisory Board
– Treasurer – High Point Academy Charter School Board
– Colfax Marathon Board
– Exec. Board & Chair Development Committee – Future Tax Leaders
Clients Served Include: Apple Inc, AirBnB, AT&T, Nordstrom, Shane Company, Verizon, Level 3, IMI-Precision, Media News, Einstein Bagels, ProBuild, ULA, IMI-Norgren, Equinix, & ViaSat