Wondering how to make lemonade from the COVID-19 lemon? Check here for ideas.
Pro Bono Help for Companies
If you are a business that could use help building strategies, applying for loans/relief programs, or anything else to keep your company afloat during this market disruption, a group of financial executives and advisors are offering to provide Pro Bono business advisory and support services. Read the message here.
Also check with:
- Your state’s SBA
- Your local Chamber of Commerce and other business organizations
- Your vendors and customers
Recruiters – we have a small list on our website
Lew’s List – focuses on finance (including tax) positions
Your state’s Departments of Labor and Employment
Transition and bridge programs, such as Executives in Transition
IRS COVID-19 page
Follow Tony Nitti in Forbes for easily digestible tax analysis
Armanino’s COVID-19 Resource Center
Deloitte’s COVID-19 topics
EY’s COVID-19 resources
Personal financial hub by The New York Times
PwC’s COVID-19 Library
SquarMilner COVID-19 Insights
Free Online CPE series – Business Health During a Pandemic
Trying to figure out how to keep your business afloat – or even prosper – during a pandemic? During this complimentary webinar series, we’ll be talking with experts about the importance of marketing – from an individual to organizational level – at this time and how to create the greatest impact with limited time and money. Friday, May 29, 10-11 am MDT.
The CFO Masterclass Keynote Series
Up to 9.0 CPE credit hours
Five Fridays from May 22-June 19, 2020 – 10-11:30 am MDT
$15 Members / $30 General Admission
This is an online webinar series featuring MIT Sloan faculty and other keynote-level CFOs and dignitaries. Creating connectivity to pertinent information financial executives need to know now, with thought leadership from MIT Sloan Executive Education, subject matter experts, and CFO Rockstars. Keynote speakers in a facilitated panel discussion will provide insight into how to navigate these turbulent times.
Price: $225 for financial execs; includes access to videos (in case you miss a webinar). TaxForward and Future Tax Leader members may use code TAXVIP for 20% off. Learn more and register HERE.
IPT – San Francisco Local Luncheon Group. June 4, 2020, will feature advertising taxes, VAT and digital taxes.
Squar Milner CARES Act Webinar – Available On-demand – Squar Milner have put together a handy resource page with a recording of their CARES Act webinar as well as some of the resources mentioned during the discussion. Find the webinar & resources HERE.
Protecting one’s wealth, replay on demand, by Impact Wealth
Free COVID-19 related tax webcasts from EY.
During this hour, we will be speaking with Bill Decker, Founder and Managing Director of Partners International, Jenn McCabe, Partner, at Armanino LLP, Lew Visscher, founder of Lew’s List, and Lorrie Morton, Director, People, at Cohere Health about:
- Potential opportunities presented by the pandemic,
- Which companies are best positioned to succeed in this situation and how to position yours to succeed,
- Holding onto and growing loyal customers during a pandemic,
- Maintaining and managing employees amidst disruption,
- Communications with employees, clients, and vendors,
- Business continuity,
- How the job market is being impacted,
- HR considerations, and
- Financial reporting and accounting considerations.
During this webinar, Ann Diddlebock, Founder of CFO Wisdom, Arlen Meyers, President and CEO of Society of Physician Entrepreneurs, and Larisa Rapoport, Partner at Squar Milner: Middle Market – Consumer Goods and Technology will answer your questions about:
- Managing cash flow,
- Mitigating risk and losses,
- Transitioning to and from the pandemic stage effectively,
- How to work with lenders to secure bridge financing, and
- Potential opportunities presented by the pandemic.
From the webinar: Colorado Investment Tax Credits
Business Prosperity During a Pandemic–Part III – a free Q&A Webinar – March 27th, 10 to 11 am MDT
During this webinar, tax experts will answer your questions about what tax departments might be able to do to help their companies shore up or even recover cash and effective leadership in critical times. We’ll hear from Tadd Fowler, VP Global Tax Operations at Procter & Gamble, Eric Anderson, Managing Director and State & Local Tax Leader at Andersen, Brandon Edwards, CEO of Tax Credit Co., and moderator Magnolia Movido, Counsel at Snell & Wilmer about:
- Tax saving and recovery opportunities presented by the current environment,
- Tax department optimization and strategy, and
- Effective leadership in a crisis.
Business Prosperity During a Pandemic–Part IV – a free Q&A Webinar – March 27th, 12 to 1 pm MDT
During this webinar, financial experts will answer your questions about managing personal finances and investments. We’ll hear from Chrissy Palestine, CPA, CMA, Matt Morizio, Financial Advisor at Beck Bode, and Sly Giffard, Founding Partner of Gamison Capital, about:
- Considerations for investment decisions in this economy,
- Creating a personal budget, and
- Prioritizing spending in an uncertain market.
Business Prosperity During a Pandemic–Part V – a free Q&A Webinar – Thursday, April 2nd, 1 pm to 2pm MDT
During this webinar, tax experts will answer your questions about tax updates in response to COVID-19. We’ll hear from Steve Barkmeier, Director of Tax at Whipplewood CPAs, Brandon Edwards, CEO at Tax Credit Co., David Milner, Director at DuCharme, McMillen and Associates Inc., and moderator Magnolia Movido, Counsel at Snell & Wilmer about:
- Tax benefits of changes businesses are making to adapt to the new environment,
- Tax aspects of the stimulus package,
- Integrating tax incentives under the stimulus package, and
- Property Tax updates.
Business Prosperity During a Pandemic–Part VI– a free Q&A Webinar – Friday, April 3rd, 1 pm to 2pm MDT
During this webinar, real estate and mortgage experts will answer your questions about real estate and mortgage considerations during a pandemic. We’ll hear from Rob Tramantano, Principal at Great Neck Realty Company, Jon Neville, Partner at Arnall Golden Gregory LLP, Matt Hanson, Mortgage Planner at Hanson Planning Group, and Randy DeVries, Vice President at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices N.E. Prime Properties about:
- Cash flow mitigation and strategic opportunities,
- Short and long term implications for these markets, and
- Considerations and suggestions for companies struggling or wanting to act.
Business Prosperity During a Pandemic–Part VII– a free Q&A Webinar – Friday, April 3rd, 3:30 pm to 4:30pm MDT
During this webinar, HR and Employment experts will answer your questions about managing employees through a pandemic. We’ll speak with Julie Scates, President and Founder of J2T Recruiting Consultants, Lorrie Morton, Director, People and Cohere Health, and Brandon Edwards, CEO at Tax Credit Co. about:
- How to manage employees and managers during this time,
- What companies should consider in formulating a plan if this becomes long term,
- Opportunities for companies and fractional advisors,
- What the unemployed can do during this time to position themselves for quick employment, and
- Update on the stimulus package and the provisions related to employment and self-employment.
During this webinar, small business leaders will answer your questions about how they are innovating in this climate and their tips for surviving – and possibly thriving! We’ll hear from Sally Gigliotti, Senior Vice President at Income Research and Management, Sara Khoudary, Founder of Entrepreneurs of Success, Nick O’Sullivan, Founder of Brothers BBQ and Nuggs Ice Cream, and Cara St. John, HMCC, Group Sales Manager at Fogo de Chão, about what their companies and teams have been doing to adapt to the current market we find ourselves in.
COVID-19: Dealing with the Emotional Ramifications of Advising Clients. Jody Padar, The Radical CPA, interviews Gretchen Pisano, CEO, pLink Leadership. Sponsored by Botkeeper,
Articles, Posts, Insights, and Hubs
Ways to lighten the experience
If you’re bunkered at home waiting for the pandemic wave to ebb and looking for ways to lighten the experience, here are a few ideas.
Thank you to these rock stars for helping us put these resources together!
- Andersen, including Eric Anderson
- Ann Diddlebock of CFO Wisdom
- Arlen Meyers of Society of Physician Entrepreneurs
- Armanino LLP, including Chris Becze, Jenn McCabe, and John Kogan
- Beck Bode, including Matt Morizio
- Bill Decker of Partners International
- Brooke Hipp of ACM
- Chrissy Palestine, CPA, CMA
- COCPA, including Rebecca Campbell
- DMA, including Joni Johnson-Powe, Kim Rogers, and David Milner
- Ernst & Young LLP, including Matt Lazzeri
- Gary Barnes of Gary Barnes International
- Jack McCullough of the CFO Leadership Council
- Jon Neville of Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Julie Scates of J2T Recruiting Consultants
- Lew Visscher of Lew’s List
- Lorrie Morton of Cohere Health
- Luke Wyckoff of Social Media Energy
- Matt Hanson of Hanson Planning Group
- Nick O’Sullivan of Brother’s BBQ
- Patrice Barber of Career ConX
- Randy DeVries of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices N.E. Prime Properties
- Rob Tramantano of Great Neck Realty
- Sally Gigliotti of Income Research & Management
- Sandy Jacobs of KPMG
- Sara Khoudary of Entrepreneurs of Success
- Sly Giffard of Gamison Partners
- Snell & Wilmer, including Magnolia Movido
- SquarMilner, including Amy Allen, Karisa Chen, and Larisa Rapoport
- Steve Barkmeier of Whipplewood CPAs
- Tadd Fowler of P&G
- Tax Credit Co., including Brandon Edwards
- Wendy Weiss of OUM & Co. LLP