Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge is always on the lookout for seasoned, experienced Tax Advisors to join our Client Services Department. Our experienced Tax Advisors prepare fiduciary tax returns for client trust accounts, as well as individual tax returns. We also manage the payment of estimated taxes for clients who desire this service. Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge assists with gift tax issues, analyzing whether clients need to file gift tax returns and preparing them when required. Trustees collaborate with Tax Advisors to clearly explain all tax information, ensuring clients fully understand their returns.
Reporting to the Manager of Taxes and Estates, Tax Advisors are responsible for comprehensive, tax return preparation for an assignment of individual tax clients. Tax Advisors also assist with department-wide initiatives related to tax analysis and planning for clients. This position handles confidential information, while maintaining a high level of client contact. Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
We offer the opportunity to work in a collegial, team-oriented environment with a strong track record for staff continuity. We are committed to promoting a healthy work-life balance, which includes offering a generous benefits package.
- Work with Trustees and department team members to identify tax planning opportunities for individuals and families.
- Meet with clients and Trustees to present financial and tax planning strategies.
- Work with department team members to develop, implement and oversee department-wide initiatives.
- Partner with Business Analysts and Application Developers to utilize the most effective technology and work flow processes.
- Partner with other teams throughout the office, including General Counsel and Trust Administration, to ensure tax planning initiatives are comprehensive and compliant.
- Mentor junior Tax Advisors.
- Prepare complex tax returns for individual clients with high net worth.
- Review tax returns prepared by colleagues to ensure quality processing.
- Analyze and process quarterly estimated tax payments for assigned individual accounts.
- Identify and collaborate with team members on taxable events that may have legal implications.
- Utilize a variety of software applications related to tax research, planning and preparation including: BNA and Profx.
- Graduate degree in Taxation and/or Certified Financial Planning required. LL.M. strongly desired.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in individual tax return production environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in direct individual client environment involving financial planning and analysis.
- Current, high level of knowledge about individual and gift tax matters.
- Experience with fiduciary and estate tax returns preferred.
- Understanding of Investment Management concepts.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to learn new concepts within a complex and demanding environment
- Perform well in a deadline-oriented environment
- Must be willing and able to “own” the process and take responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines. This will require flexibility in hours from time to time, with little or no advance notice
- Have both a strong work ethic and a sense of “getting it right”
- Solid customer service skills
- Have a “can do” attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes, consistent with the expectations for everyone else in the office
This exempt position is required to be in the office Monday through Friday from 9am – 5pm. It may necessitate flexibility in hours, from time to time, with little or no advance notice.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.lwcotrust.com.
If you are an accomplished professional with a passion for helping clients achieve their financial goals, we would enjoy hearing from you at email@example.com.