There are many ways to win prizes at FTL’s 2020 National Conference, and many prizes to win! Our Grand Prize, a one week stay in Ubud, Bali, at FTL’s 2021 Tax Retreat (excludes airfare) is awarded to the person who earns the most points in FTL’s 2020 Get Social Contest. (Retreat date and details to be announced.) Second and third place prizes are $100 and $50 restaurant gift cards.
More information about how to earn points is below.
Earn the most points by referring attendees, speakers, or sponsors to FTL’s 2020 Conference. The more you refer, the more points you receive.
You don’t have to refer someone to earn the most points. You can stack up points by posting photos or comments about FTL or different FTL events to eligible social media platforms.
The 2019 contest winner became the point leader by getting social: by posting about the conference on social media and referring attendees to the conference.
Eligible social media platforms. Contest applies to the following FTL social media accounts and platforms.
- LinkedIn: Future Tax Leaders
- Facebook: futuretaxleaders
- Twitter: @FUTURETAXLEADRS
- Instagram: @FUTURETAXLEADRS
- Meetup: Future-Tax-Leaders-Denver
How to earn points. The following actions earn the number of points indicated. In order to be recognized for points, these actions must be completed in such a way that their completion is apparent to FTL. For example, conference attendees must indicate they heard about the conference from you while registering for the event, or you must tag FTL or include @FUTURETAXLEADRS or #FTLCONFERENCE on posts in eligible social media platforms.
Earn 20 (twenty) points each by:
- Referring a conference attendee. Only one referrer per attendee. You can refer an unlimited number of attendees!
- Referring a conference speaker. Only one referrer per speaker. Refer ab unlimited number of speakers!
- Referring a conference sponsor. Only one referrer per sponsor. Refer an unlimited number of sponsors!
Bonus Points. 10 (ten) additional points are awarded for each of these accomplishments.
- Referring a conference attendee who becomes a new FTL member. An attendee may be referred by one person only. Must be a member more than 30 days. You can refer an unlimited number of attendees!
- Producing the highest number of unique posts about FTL or the conference to one or more FTL social media accounts. Negative, nondescript, repeating, and/or redundant posts do not qualify in the number count.
Earn 10 (ten) points each by:
- Referring a new FTL member. Must remain a member more than 30 days.
- Becoming a new member or renewing your FTL membership. Must remain a member more than 30 days.
- Completing your sponsor passport at the conference. A completed passport contains one approved mark from all participating conference sponsors and your name and contact information (both must be legible).
Earn 5 (five) points each by:
- Donating an item for the silent auction. FTL must accept and receive donations by 17:00:00 (5 pm) MST October 9, 2020. Contact Cailyn.MacDonald@FutureTaxLeaders.org to make the donation.
- Sharing or reposting FTL’s 2020 Conference announcement. Limit one per social media platform.
- Sharing or reposting FTL’s 2020 Gala announcement. Limit one per social media platform.
Earn 3 (three) points each by:
- Donating a bottle of wine to the Gala. Limit five bottles. Bottle must be unopened and wine untouched. May be donated at the Gala.
- Attending the Gala on October 25, 2020. Qualify by attending the keynote speech.
- Attending one day of the conference. Qualify by attending one or more presentations in full.
Earn 2 (two) points each by:
- Posting your photos from an FTL event. Event must occur in 2020. Negative, offensive, nondescript, repeating, and/or redundant photos do not qualify. Limit two points per event.
- Posting about FTL on social media. Negative, nondescript, repeating, and/or redundant posts do not qualify. Applies to the first five qualifying posts on each social media platform.
- Posting about the conference on social media. Negative, nondescript, repeating, and/or redundant posts do not qualify. Applies to the first five qualifying posts on each social media platform.
Earn 1 (one) point each by:
- Subscribing to FTL’s newsletter. Sign up to receive FTL’s monthly newsletter here.
- Subscribing to FTL’s weekly career newsletter. Sign up to receive FTL’s weekly career newsletter here.
- Liking or following an FTL social media account.
- Commenting on a post by FTL. Negative, nondescript, repeating, and/or redundant posts do not qualify. Applies to the first five qualifying posts on each social media platform.
Watch our site for monthly updates on contest leaders.
Additional Contest Rules
Contest begins 00:00:00 (midnight) MST on January 1, 2020. Deadline to earn points is 12:00:00 (noon) MDT on October 27, 2020. Preliminary winners will be announced at the conference around 16:50:00 (4:50 pm) MDT on October 27, 2020, subject to a thirty-day adjustment period. 2020 Get Social Contest winners will be finalized and announced on November 27, 2020. FTL reserves the right to finalize and announce the winners before November 27, 2020.
Prize awards. First, second, and third place prizes are awarded to the people who earn the first, second, and third most points, respectively. Ties will be resolved by drawing the winner’s name from among the names of tying Contest participants.
Points cannot be transferred or reassigned. They can only be earned by the person who did the work.
Points are granted and attributed at FTL’s sole discretion. Contact Info@FutureTaxLeaders.org with any questions, concerns, or complaints.
Bali prize is nontransferable.
Exclusions: FTL employees, vendors, Board Directors, Executives and Officers, Speakers, and Sponsors do not qualify for the contest. Non-managing and non-marketing employees of Sponsors do qualify.
Modifications: FTL reserves the right to modify or adjust Contest rules for clarity or other reasons and substitute prizes for another of equal or greater replacement value at any time. Such changes will be noted on this page when they are made.